Fourteen monuments adorn the Memorial Parkway, which Frederick Law Olmsted, Jr. designed as a graceful connector of Utica's three parks. Each eye-catching monument is visible to hundreds of drivers and pedestrians who travel the Parkway on a daily basis.
Gifts from Monument sponsors make possible the following improvements:
- Redesigned garden beds for each monument
- Three seasonal plantings (Spring, Summer, and Fall)
- Year-round maintenance (including mulching, pruning, and replacement of plants, flowers, shrubs, and trees as required)
Monument sponsors receive annual recognition for their gifts:
- In the CNY Conservancy newsletter
- On the CNY Conservancy website and social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- On the electronic billboard at the corner of Oneida St. and the Parkway
- In local print and electronic media (including #UticaRocks)
Monuments currently available for adoption include:
- Vietnam War Memorial: West side of Holland Avenue between the Memorial Parkway and Pleasant Street ($1,500)
- Dunham Bust: East side of Holland Avenue between the Memorial Parkway and Pleasant Street ($1,000)
- Spanish-American War: East side of Oneida Street between the Memorial Parkway and Pleasant Street ($3,000)
- Statue of Liberty: (Proposed Restoration in 2017): West side of Elm Street between the Memorial Parkway and Pleasant Street ($3,000)
- General Frederick William Baron Von Steuben: East Side of Genesee Street between the Memorial Parkway and Genesee Street ($5,000)
For additional information on each monument, please contact us.
Arbor Day Sponsorship
The CNY Conservancy honors the spirit of Arbor Day on the last Friday in April each year and celebrates it in style with the City of Utica. Local tree services donate their time and talent to prune and remove trees in Utica's three Olmsted parks and on the Memorial Parkway. Conservancy volunteers and leadership join City of Utica officials for a ceremonial tree planting and the planting of additional trees throughout the city.
Arbor Day Sponsorships range from $500 to $1000 and include the following recognition:
- Acknowledgement of sponsors in press releases, on the CNY Conservancy website, and in CNY Conservancy social media
- Participation in the Ceremonial Tree planting
- A City of Utica Proclamation that acknowledges sponsorship
For additional information about Arbor Day sponsorship opportunities, please contact us.
I Love My Park Day Sponsorship
I Love My Park Day is held annually on the first Saturday in May. This exciting event is celebrated statewide to promote New York State parks and historic sites.
CNY Conservancy volunteers participate in cleaning up Utica's three Olmsted-designed parks and the Memorial Parkway. They plant trees, clean up public gardens, restore trails, remove invasive species, and work on various projects to enhance and improve Utica's green spaces. The CNY Conservancy has coordinated I Love My Park Day efforts with the Utica Zoo, the City of Utica and other local organizations since 2013.
Sponsorships for this event range from $500 to $1,000. Sponsorship gifts underwrite supplies used during I Love My Park Day. Sponsorship benefits include:
- Acknowledgement of event participation in CNY Conservancy media releases, on the CNY Conservancy website and on CNY Conservancy social media
- Special recognition on the Parks and Trails New York publication and website
For additional information about I Love My Park Day, please contact us.